Tour of the Gila has wrapped up for another year. I just wanted to give a shout out to the fellas for adding an element of suspense to my surfing the past week. There were a lot of great performances out there.
- Ian's win in the cat 3 TT.
- Greg's solid performance every day to finish top 10 overall in the 3s.
- Brent had 2 6th place finishes in the 3s.
- Ben made top 10 overall and 3rd on the final day in the sandbagger, er, cat 4/5 field.
- Miles had a solid ride in his first big race as a cat 2.
- Andrew rode through what I know was a hard week after racing Bisbee last weekend. We did that double a couple of years ago and I swore to never do it again. He didn't.
Another big ride at Gila - Anthony Colby was sitting between the 8-10 GC spots most of the race but put down a great ride yesterday and leapfrogged to 4th on GC, finishing 2nd on the day @ 3 seconds. Nick Gould made the top 10 GC in the 2s as well.
Dunno what field he's racing at the Iron Horse, but I look for Ben to win it, whatever the field...
Quote of the race: "I wanted to try to do something more today, but I'm over the top of my peak fitness wise, so I was trying to focus on the task at hand." - Chris Baldwin, GC winner. Must be tough to only be able to hang on to Moningers wheel when you're cooked.
Great work gents!